Wednesday, April 18, 2012

loneliness

loneliness


as the sunlight slowly faded away the city lights flickered on, one by one, illuminating everything on the outside and casting a shadow on the inside; as time slowly ticked past, the darkness inched closer and closer spreading its shadows across the land, my inner self comes alive; as much as i struggle and curl underneath the blanket, my fears come alive, and slowly engulfs me from the inside and tears up the mask that i so successfully put on during the day; fears that torment me from the inside during the day comes alive as soon the light fades away and i am back into my den, with a mind of its own, tormenting me every single night, sometimes i wished i was dead; surrounded by many, yet isolated and alone, i try to reach out to people but succeed in grasping just empty air; struggling to keep my sanity, i plunge myself into darkness for its the only place to hide to cope with all this, i give up and cry myself to sleep; it’s tiresome to want something you don’t have, and each morning i wake with loneliness by my side, each day I walk with it’s presence in my footsteps, each night it lies hand in hand with my insomnia; perhaps i have become invisible? or have i become just an figment of imagination? they cried on my shoulders and i soaked up their tears, asking for nothing in return, but when i need someone, where did they all go?

p.s. credits to praveen.

6 comments:

  1. This write up has a reflection in your profile….
    Some mystery revolving around…
    and why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I feel like this. Profound and well written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well said dear..
    it's just a phase, loneliness is everyone's friend after all..
    this too shall pass :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paul
    Ms Saru and Dreaming for visiting my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely as always :) Hope you doing good Angel !

    ReplyDelete